Saturday, November 23, 2013

Will you let me, see beneath you're beautiful

Spathe has been appearing one too many times on my Instagram feed so I thought why not bring Grumps there since we both had time to kill before Boyce Avenue concert yesterday. My first impression of Spathe when I see my friends posting pictures was that it's a chill, laidback cafe where people go to drink coffee and eat fancy eggs (read: breakfast food lol), but I got it totally wrong. Spathe is on the higher end of the fancy/quaint scale, with very yummy looking waiters .. albeit the limited choices of food.



We ordered this Weekday Lunch 2-course meal, which was quite a spread for an affordable price cause it came with the Soup of the Day, main course, free flow of Ice Lemon Tea (FAVOURITE!!!) and Dessert of the Day.



I don't know why Grumps look annoyed but their pumpkin soup is the best that I've tasted as of yet!!!!!! I almost wanted a refill hahaha.


My main course was this Fried Baby Octopus in a bed of some homemade tomato sauce (that I don't really fancy cause I couldn't decide if it was sweet or sour), and OH MY GOD I TOTALLY LOVE IT.


My squid tower toppled over nicely and at the right timing also, a few milliseconds after I posted the above photo lol.


I didn't post Grumps' main course cause he ordered this Mac & Cheese, so it was really a challenge for me to take a photo of a very unphotegenic (pardon me that's not a real word but I'm rlly trying to bring my point across) plate of food. It was still yummy though, both of us wiped clean our late lunch.





We were the only customers though, which was a surprise cause I expected a crowd, maybe I came at a weird timing. I really liked the decor of the shop, I would say the prices are quite on the affordable range but I could be wrong cause I saw a $45+++ salad on the menu. SALAD geez how can rabbit food be that expensive. So anyway, drop by if you're around the area!

Spathe Public House
  • 8 Mohamed Sultan Road #01-01
  • Singapore, Singapore 238958
  • 1000 - 2300 Hrs
------------------------------------------------------------

The only reason I took time to diligently draft a proper post is to dedicate a mushy paragraph for my boyfriend. I know I am always too quick to post when we quarrel, or when we have endless days of rough patches... so I'm being a girly girl, and this is me acknowledging that Hairil, you have been the best for me.

Thank you for always putting me first above almost everyone, although sometimes I might not agree with how you actually do it. Your undivided attention to me, I am grateful that you never fail to be there for me when I'm upset, annoyed, tired as hell after work, happy, ugly .. you get the point. I admit that I always underestimate your ability to be my crying shoulder or pillar of strength, but I know you're trying as hard everyday not to disappoint me again. Now that I (literally) have no one else, it doesn't scare me one bit cause I know you will always have my back. Just like how I have yours too. Thanks for sticking around Baby, thanks for being my family, my friend and my boyfriend to me I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment