Thursday, August 1, 2013

26th (1)

Can't believe July went past in a blink of an eye. I remembered stressing myself out the whole month planning Hairil's birthday, wanting to give up halfway because feeling like the entire world had issues with you rlly wasn't very nice at all. But I still went ahead with the plans, because at the end of the day, knowing that I can make him smile, is worthwhile.

Wanted to surprise him on the actual day itself (17th July) cause I told him I couldn't get leave (but I did, I applied for leave like way before July) by appearing at his house and asking him to get ready within minutes so I could take him somewhere nice for dinner... but IT FAILED MISERABLY. In the end I had to tell him straight up to leave that evening free because I think his mum wanted to eat out....

Brought him to the S.E.A Aquarium Ocean Restaurant by Cat Cora. It's quite exclusive, fine dining and all. If you're not willing to spend, I suggest you just settle on a hotel buffet. There wasn't much choices to begin with, it was either 3 course meal or 4, so we ordered the latter. The experience (to me) was just very surreal and different, there's no other way to describe it I guess. It's not everyday that you get to eat like you're in a submarine underwater haha. The food was average, nothing that needs raving about. Half of the time Idk what I was eating hahaha (class = zero, I know right).



This was the starter, which really was a waste for both of us cause we don't eat vegetables at all! Imagine how puzzled the waiters must have been when they cleared our plates cause we only ate the fried seafood platter! It's like it was untouched haha.


Next was the pumpkin soup. I was half expecting it to be savoury so can you imagine my surprise when the soup tasted sweet? Hahaha, but it was a pleasant surprise, I really liked the soup. The thick slab of scallop made the dish even more tasty.


Initially I wanted the steak. But I got lazy halfway cutting the meat, so I exchanged with it with Hairil hahaha. It was quite juicy and yummy, cause they used the freshest kind of wagyu beef (I suppose). I know all the food pictures don't look appetising at all, but I swear it's cause of my lousy camera skills.


The other option for the 4 course meal was codfish cooked with something. Obviously Hairil would make a joke about the fishes watching us eat their species... zz #shithairilsays. You can't see it in the picture but slices of the fish eaten with the mashed potato (underneath the fish) were really tasty.



We did a whole lot of camwhoring because the blue oceanic backdrop was really gorgeous hahaha.




It was a simple dinner to celebrate Hairil turning 26, I really hope he had a nice time. This part of his celebrations was quite last minute cause all my initial plans got ruined, and I couldn't get reservations for Carousel (he rlly wanted to eat there but it's like mission impossible cause it's the fasting month!!). I surprised him with another cake (his favourite, anything Nutella duh) at home....... but no pictures you wanna know why CAUSE HE WAS EXPRESSIONLESS. I got terribly annoyed cause I did the whole grand entrance shit singing Happy Birthday, and he just sat there on the bed looking like -___-. Ok not literally, but EXPRESSIONLESS. 

Like I mentioned earlier, if you think this is a suitable place to celebrate your loved ones' birthdays or your anniversaries, you must be willing to spend!!!! I had rather a satisfactory experience, but I don't think I would go there again for any other occasions. One is enough for a lifetime! (Just Cat Cora though, not the aquarium itself hahaha)

Ocean Restaurant by Cat Cora
Resorts World Sentosa
+65 6577 6688

Ok part 2 of the celebrations in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment