Monday, August 26, 2013

My whole world was electrified

Finally got to try the Shiok Maki that people keep raving about. Sarah and I only got into the restaurant at our second attempt cause the queue will always be ridiculously l o n ggggg. Which I figured later on is because the restaurant isn't that big (Koh's Grill and Bar, self explanatory right the word bar hahaha) It took more than 30 minutes for us to get a plate of the Shiok Maki, so that kinda dampened our excitement. I personally like the unagi bento set that we ordered better than the plate of maki.

I'm sure I'm one of the last few who hasn't tried it yet, so if you still haven't break your Shiok Maki virginity yet, PLEASE GO TRY. The food isn't that pricey but you have to expect very very s l o w service. I came slightly after lunch hour but still had to wait <30 mins for our sushi. Sarah and I concluded that we Singaporeans must try everything mainstream once. That's just how our nation roll.

Will I go again? Yes, prolly with Hairil I want him to try. / Try the 2nd Gen Shiok Maki.
Will I queue again for Shiok Maki? Not more than 5 minutes.
Will I recommend this to anyone if they want to eat Jap cuisine? Nope.



The unagi bento set that we ordered! Totally worth it, we shared this I think it's enough for two.


You can never go wrong with thick juicy slabs of yummy raw salmon.






I can't even finish my share of the Shiok Maki (hahaha Sarah had to finish it for me). It's quite alot I think there's like 8 in one serving. The maki will break apart when you try to lift it up with your chopsticks, but you'll get better by your 3rd maki. I guess the melting cheese just make it look more appetizing that it actually was.



We got bar seats in front of a chef grilling unagi/skewers, so that was really lousy cause it was warm!! But I guess you really have no choice sometimes cause there will always be a queue and you would want to get any seats that are available. So, go on, try it and be one of the thousands who post a picture of the Shiok Maki on Instragram. I'm sure you'll get >20 likes haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment