Sunday, August 11, 2013

I wake up alone, with only daylight between us

It's about due time that I post about my experience watching The xx live. Until today (it's been like 8 days?) I will never ever ever forget how brilliant they were, on stage. I was completely mind blown. I wasn't really that excited prior to the night of the concert because I thought like "Haiya seen their live show (on Youtube that is) at Coachella they will prolly sound the same anyway.." BUT THAT'S THE THING. THEY SOUND EXACTLY THE SAME, EVEN BETTER IMO. Romy and Oliver, if ever you're reading this, I teared!!! You guys were that good.

One more thing that I enjoyed during the concert was how laid-back the fans were. Yes we were SUPER excited, screaming the lyrics out, but everyone was tamed. I don't know if it was because it was a seated event, but the fans were.... humans. There were no pushing and shoving, and everyone genuinely enjoyed the music. We were like a big happy hipster family all wanting to go to hipster heaven after the concert. I mean seriously. After going to Big Bang, Fall Out Boy (twice) and those frivolous gigs growing up, trust me when I say fans can be... monstrous. They can push, bite, pull, shove or resort to any kind of violence just to get closer to their idols. It's like they forget that HELLO I AM A FAN TOO JUST CHILL.

Was a cheaterbug cause I googled their setlist, and they had very very very very minimal interaction with the fans. So we didn't even realize that they already did like 12 songs haha. That's the only thing the concert could have been better. We waited like 90 minutes for a 40-minute concert, I was getting impatient by the second because the theater had POINT ZERO  reception ok. Ugh.


Jamie was the one who did the booking of the tickets like 4 months ago. I must say she did a pretty good job in choosing the seats cause even though we were at the second level, we were right smack in the middle. Was quite bummed when we found out a week before the concert that the event company made another show BEFORE the actual one.




Random photos I got online. I thought I wanted to upload the videos that I (painstakingly) took during the concert, but I was singing along to it...... a frog sounds nicer than my voice ha ha. So, better not. My Samsung Galaxy S3 was a gadget made from heaven man, it takes super clear video even I was amazed. 

ROMY AND OLIVER I LOVE YOU PLEASE SING AT MY WEDDING!!!!




Photos I took with my phone. HAVE TO point out that their lights/lasers were extraordinary. From a certain angle, it would make out the letters X X, although I couldn't see from where we were, but there were Instagram posts! My fav one was when the purple triangles came out, SO GOOOOOD!


Our attempt to snap a picture of our #ootd. We feel super under-dressed cause there were girls in full black avant grade kind of ootd, totally made me feel like a joke. BUT. I. DON'T. CARE. (after a while haha)




Jamie & I in the middle of the concert... look at how happy blessed and delirious we were! There were a group of boys behind us hugging and singing along to the songs, and after the concert all of us girls were like "HOW CAN OUR BFS NOT LIKE THE XX????" I mean come on, Hairil would conveniently ask me to skip to the next song if my itunes randomly plays an xx song. Anyway, the girls were perfect company for a concert that I will never ever ever forget. :')

I know I go around telling people that this is a strike off my bucket list, but I realized that's the only thing on my list?????? Hahaha I mean I don't have a concrete list of things that I wanna do before I die, but if it feels like it's bucket-list ish, then I will tell you ok. Haha I know I want to sky-dive, appear on TV and go to NYC.. quite realistic right?

No comments:

Post a Comment